Obligation to build
In order to reduce inconvenience to residents in the Estate, owners are required to complete all building/renovation/alteration works within 12 calendar months of commencement and/or delivery of materials to site. A penalty levy of four times the monthly homeowner levy is charged where this time period is exceeded.
The purpose of this agreement is to ensure integration between residential living and control over building activities within the Estate with minimal impact to the environment and residents. The agreement will be enforced by the Estate Manager and allows fines to be imposed on the contractor where transgressions occur.
The contractor’s agreement and other mandatory documentation must be signed and submitted to the Estate Manager prior to the commencement of any building operations. Contractors are required to erect dark green shade cloth fencing/netting or a boundary wall to screen the site during the entire building process.
Plan Submission Procedure
Before building plans are submitted to Council they must first be approved by the Big Bay Residential Estate HOA. Drawings need to be submitted to the Estate Office at Blouberg Hills gatehouse. Some of the requirements when submitting a plan to the HOA are as follows:
- Verge Deposit: Payable to Big Bay Residential Estate Home Owners Association (R5000.00)
- Builders Levy: Payable to Big Bay HOA (R500.00 per month)
- Scrutiny Fee – New Build: Payable to Big Bay HOA (R1200.00)
- Scrutiny Fee – Add’s & Alt’s: Payable to Big Bay HOA (R600.00)
- HOA Clearance Certificate – New Build and Additions & Alterations: Payable to Big Bay Residential Estate HOA (R600.00)
- Bank Details: Nedbank, Heerengracht. Branch Code – 103109. Current Account – 1031387552. REF: Erf number
- Roof specification and colour
- External wall colours
- House coverage
- First floor coverage as a percentage of ground floor footprint, incl. garages, covered patios, stairwell, double volume etc, but excl. balconies. Max. 65%.
- Position of storm water soakaways
- Roof Plan incl. all roof ridge levels, on original survey/contour Site Plan. Available from www.dhale.co.za
- Flat roof coverage percentage. Max 25% of coverage
- Mean site level
- Sections dimensioned relative to MSL